Thursday 10 September 2009

Security, Human Rights and Religion. Part seven continued.

Part seven continued of Security, Human Rights and Religion. Sorry about the need to continue Part seven folks, I needed to leave the blog for an hour or so but made a bad mistake and clicked on Post instead of Save. I immediately realised it and went back to Edit. Later I typed in the rest of the blog but for some reason the "machine" did a wheels up and the connection to the server was broken. When, twenty hours later, normal service was resumed there was not a trace of some twenty five lines of script. An indicative straw in the wind may have been that the Spell Check was not working, oh to be an expert on IT and computers. I was not copying from a draft but I will try to continue where I left off.
Getting back to reality I must believe that through the centuries, as suggested previously, great scholars have attempted to clarify or prove how religions developed. Speaking just for myself I believe that Jesus Christ was a man who preached and practised a religion that many people could relate to, he was a leader and an inspiration. However the more that I think about a life hereafter the harder I find it to accept that there will be one, I well may be in a decided minority group. Thinking as I do, it makes it even harder to visualise that, depending on how one is judged, life hereafter will be wonderful or horrific.

Where did the nineteen young men, some off them married with families, think they were going as a result of killing close to 2000 people in the Twin Towers attack. The same can be asked of suicide bombers. Religious leaders should speak out very clearly as to the stance of their religion in relation to suicide attacks. The same leaders should state where the suicide attacker's spirit will go. In a more earthly context it should also be ascertained as to whether the suicide attacker's family benefited financially from his or her actions, and if so, by how much and who provided the money.

In my opinion the whole question regarding suicide attacks should be debated at length in the United Nations so that, as far as is possible, every one knows exactly what the position is.

In Part eight of Security, Human Rights and Religion I will sum up my reasons as to why I think those three subjects are closely linked.

Frederick W Gilling 23:42 hrs Thursday 10th September 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment