Sunday 16 September 2012

Follow up to "Fred's Law"


Follow up to “Fred’s Law” as expounded in my letter to you dated 10/07/2012.
That letter, with different covering letters, was sent to eight persons; this follow up letter will be sent to the same eight persons without covering letters. Five of the letters went to MPs and I thought they would at least be acknowledged, I was wrong as only two of those five replied..

The first reply, on 16/07/2012, was on behalf of The Leader of the Opposition and was much  appreciated although it did not comment on the gist of “Fred’s Law”.
The second reply, on 08/08/2012, was on behalf of the Deputy Prime Minister, this thanked me and told me that it was receiving attention.

I also received a reply, on 16/08/2012 from The Daily Mail in response to the letter sent to The Director of the Daily Mail and General Trust plc. This thanked me and informed me that my letter would be passed on to relevant heads of departments who would contact me should they wish to discuss my ideas in further detail.

I did not receive replies from The Telegraph or the BBC. Many months ago I wrote a comment to the BBC on line, one interesting snippet of information was that not all comments would be read !!  I wonder how many people know that?

I feel very strongly that legislation similar to “Fred’s Law” needs to be considered. In recent weeks at least one major UK bank has brought the UK into disrepute, this being in connection with financial dealings with Iran, and the same can be said about the company, G4S, responsible for security at Olympic Games venues.

Several years ago I penned the following, “There is, I am sure, a prime need to give every responsible person in the county a justified feeling that they, the people, are fairly in control of events, other than natural disasters, and that their efforts and opinions, on a grand scale, do matter and are seriously considered.” Unquote.  Serious letters that are not even acknowledged do little to promote the feeling that opinions are considered. My email address is jofregilling@yahoo.com and this may be used.

Yours sincerely


F W Gilling            Written on Tuesday 11 September 2012

Copies to:  The MP for West Dorset. The Prime Minister. The Deputy PM. The Lord Chancellor. The Leader of the Opposition. The Director of the Daily Mail and General Trust plc. The Editor of the Telegraph. The Director General of the BBC.
[Whoops, will grab a little wriggle room to take in Cabinet reshuffle and add Minister Without Portfolio to keep everyone in picture.]

From: Mr F W Gilling, 

















No comments:

Post a Comment